Monday, June 19, 2017

Great Grandmas....named Sally.

The world lost a very sweet woman... Great Grandma Sally passed away..(dads grandmother and Madies Great Grandmother)
Now upon hearing this news I think back to how long its been since I have seen her..2 years? I don't get invited to Family things anymore.... I was upset at this news and was also pissed....
The way I want to remember her is as follows....
Every Christmas Id be in charge (cause he wasn't good at girl shopping) getting the girls presents...Now Grandma Sally loved her fuzzy socks and anything that was super pretty...a sweater or somthing floral..But always the fuzzy socks! lol She of course adored Madie..
"how is my girl?" she would ask me...
She was married once..her husband of many years..they divorced. he was quite a drinker in his days..they raised a lot of kids...even lost some along the way.. In their old age they were living with each other and as far as I could tell...life partners..he sober of course at this point in life. Lost Grandpa Harvey years back to lung cancer..a man that was not going to give up his pipe and I will NEVER forget the casual conversation about the "niggers" on the front porch of the families house...LOL  A WHOLE different era!!
I want to remember Great Grandma Sally as one of the last times I saw her.... Newly divorced I was and blessed enough to be invited... She took my hand and told me that she loved me and madie and that no matter what we would always be family. That we were loved. 
I barely ever see the family but I keep Sally's words with me.
I am sad that her days had to end in a nursing home when she was so fond of her home and  was confused when she was wisked away to the nursing home and her home sold out from under her... it was kinda like "maybe she won't notice" kind of thing....
I AM not a fan of being secretive...I am an upfront person. Maybe I am too dramatic in that sense.... pushed away.
Anyways....I know she loved me and madie and despite all the crap going on.... I will miss her and wish so badly that I could have had one more heart to heart talk with her...
My own grandmother is 89 and dyed her hair purple! What would I do without her? Enjoy all the moments you have. Every one.
Rest peacefully Miss Sally. Xoxox

No comments: