Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Aquarium Adventure

I have been trying to be more involved...now going to school meetings and such are not really my thing.. I try to avoid them but I GO. lol
I have been actually having a good time going on field trips with Madie.. It also keeps everyones mind at ease when I go along. I assure everyone that this kiddo is a GREAT traveler. I also knew this was going to be a long day for her too an I like the fish too..lol  This go around we went to Mystic Aquarium.
I get to the school with madie about 830ish. There are three charter buses waiting to load up with 3rd graders. EEK.
We meet up with everyone and Madies Para and we get ready to head out. It will be an hour and half drive.
We load up Madie on the bus the driver has a thick Jamacian accent and I can barely understand what he says. He seemed to think that madies cruiser chair was a stroller and was trying to say that it was not safe to tie it down.
So we decided to just hold her the ride up..She sat well in the big girl seat but it was not very safe.. I held her the rest of the way and she was already getting fussy...ohhh boy.
They played a movie on the bus a Disney movie about a robot..WallE..was not into it. Over heard some girl  tell some boy "you never saw Pinoccio? Seriously?" Lol Just wait till they are teenagers!
We got the weird kid Spencer sitting behind us who kept poking  his head between the seats...

When we get there its raining. oh bugger. We stand outside waiting for all our passes and stickers and such..
I had not been  to this aquarium since Madie was in my belly..
Finally we enter and its not much dryer. lol We tried to keep up with some of the groups..you think I walk fast? Even I couldn't keep up! So Me and Madie and Miss Sandy just kinda did our own thing.. walked around slowly and when we had enough of the rain went inside to warm up and look at the fish in the tanks. MUCH better. I don't know what Madie was taking in but her eyes were wide as can be looking around at the glowing tanks.
We putzed around till 1230 when we were all going to the sea lion show..we get to the theater they call it and there is a line out to china..when the doors opened we all flooded in. There were a lot of other field trips going on and some older kids that kinda looked like they may be too old for the show. A chubby fella ushered us all in and kept saying to WAY too many people to stay AWAY from the yellow line that outlined the "stage/Pool" and to stop sitting in the handicap spots when we were the only ones on the spots... We watched the happy captive sea lions do their thing I was thankfull they did not splash the audience they came out of the stage/pool and got close to the audience but they only went to the middle and left us side folk completely out of the loop. Oh well.
it was hokey.
After that we had about an hour to kill and we sat with Madie inside and had a sippy break..let her play on  her ipad and chatted... Her para tells me that she was offered to stay with Madie next year but did  not take the assignment...SAY HUH? I was a little crushed by that...maybe in a way she wants to pass the torch..? I asked her to please reconsider..but I really don't know. I did not know what to say I was kinda hurt. Maybe she just wants to move on. I couldn't ask.
Soon it was  time to head to the  bus and we loaded madie in convincing the driver to hitch her in telling him her stroller really is a wheelchair! Success. Kiddo even slept some of the ride. WHEW.
The kids watched a live action verison of jack and the beanstalk.

It was a long day. But I conquered it!
Here are a few pictures :) One of Madie taking her ipad break and the rest are just of the fish and such. yes that jelly fish will take you down fast.
 I love frogs!







That's all folks!






No comments: