Monday, January 2, 2017

Adios Christmas

here I am.

Well I'm not gonna lie the Holidays were really depressing.

My family had Christmas the weekend before and of course there was a snow storm that day. I brought Madie with me which was maybe kinda nuts but I wanted everyone to see her...
I was about 15 minutes into my drive and not quite on the highway when my windshield wipers decided to break..the rubber part decided to separate itself and flap in the breeze... I could not see anything. Thankfully there was an auto parts store close by and I stopped in and bought windshield wipers..the manager put them on my car for me which was nice of him. THAN we hit the road...like nutsos I drove in the storm. 84 was literally snow and slush and my tires would move but my car would not... I almost thought I would get stuck a few times..people were sliding of the road and getting stuck it was super scary. I was also plowed by 2 plows...insane snow and muddy slush consumed my car it was so crazy. I wont lie..that drive was hell.  A normally 2.5 hour drive took 4 hours.. We made it. When the day was all said and done we were both exhausted..Madie fell asleep fast that night and so did I..

Christmas day came and went thankfully... It was a very Horseface Christmas so I was alone.. I kinda give up on the invites but every year it still really hurts not to be welcome...just one day a year.. She sure is a fabulous member of the family now.. gag.
I did not have Madie with me but was glad that she got to see everyone.. I cried a lot but the day is DONE and I am still  breathing.
I had a lot of blessings for sure!! On the Awesome side...I got lots of great gift cards and Madie made out like a bandit! A new winter coat, some clothes, Target gift cards, 50 bucks in cash, toys... I tell ya! Kiddo is set! I also used some of my Christmas cash and got her some  more clothes... she is getting so tall everything is getting too short..lol She will surely be the best dressed 4th grader at school! :)!
SO anyhoo.. All is well. New Years eve was a nice Sober occasion and it felt really good. Dunno what 2017 will bring... First a little bang trim for Madie lol and maybe start one of my books I got at a used book sale...Than just one day at a time. Hope everyone is well.
OH Kiddo has been good...lol Seizures have been okay and I never brag cause that usually jinks us.. But she is good. No sickies and always pretty happy for the most part...:) Ready to go back to school tomorrow FINALLY. Today we will just hang out...its been pretty cold outside but not too much snow since my trip..
I guess that's all I feel like rambling about today. Happy New Year folks. Onward.

Me.

No comments: