Sunday, November 20, 2016

The Village.

Stressed about Money. ugh. Even when I make electronic payments they fault on me. Unsure of my Turkey plans if I cant get money to get gas after all my bills bounce I will most likely stay home. A friend of mine invited me over but eh.... rather just be with Madie... Holidays used to be such a great time...and well they still are in many ways but different.. I am thru hoping for invites when I am clearly not invited... SO new traditions have to be made.. And it involves a lot of driving to New Jersey but its okay... lol
I cant wait already for the holidays to be over. and its only just begun! BAH. SO DEPRESSING
Spent money I did not have on getting myself dinner last night and I just did not care... Its hard to explain that its my Decompression time... I NEED it... I risk bouncing all my bills just to have that time... and a lousy dinner and beer...

Anyhoo....had a field trip with madies class the week before last...We went to this "working farm and village" in Mass...called Sturbridge Village... It was about an hour and half bus ride.. I was anxious as all hell cause I just hate these things but am trying to conquer my fears and be a part of something for once...
So we hitch up madie in the bus and off we all went...the kids were very good on the bus...We get there and we are whisked away to the "presentation" Two gals on this little  stage showing us all how they preserved food in  the old days...brines and sand and more salt and dirt cellars.... the kids churned butter and the gals talked and demonstrated...Madie got a little grumpy but we survived I was anxious to get out and check this place out!
We get outside and some kids and the teacher are having their snacks... so we join them for a bit and along with Madies new para we head off..
I wondered if anyone was working that day...it was kind of a ghost town... They had some sheep and chickens and some giant Oxen we saw and one of the chickens was kinda roaming around as he pleased...lol  It was such a seasonal place... I think if we maybe waited till spring to go I bet it would have been bustling with colonial people and we could have seen a lot more than little houses that were basically small museums... with just displays behind glass... 
It was a nice day so we just kind of walked around occasionally meeting up with school folks who I had to keep asking  her para if they were from our group or not I don't know anyone...
She is a little flakey at times but very nice... I still miss her old para SO MUCH... I was able to chat with her little better...
When the trip was all said and done we all migrated to the parking lot that the buses had dropped us off in...Or at least we did....no one else.....
I asked her para basically wtf was going on and if she knew where we were all supposed to  meet..She kinda had no clue
I asked her to call teacher on her cell and she got no answer.. She asked me if my phone texts...
UM.... you have an IPhone... But I said yes and she gave me  the number and I texted her... We were a little freaked out but cmon they are not going to leave without the only a\handicapped kid on the trip! We eventually got to the bus maybe a mile er so away but I was so embarrassed...NO one told us the bus was switching lots to pick us up....
I was glad to be headed home and madie was a super trooper and enjoyed walking around... Will I ever go back? Nope. lol
There is another one at some point to the Bronx Zoo! Oh my lord...if that wont be crazy...
Heres a few pics from the Village of Fun....lol








 Madies new hat. xoxo

No comments: