Monday, November 28, 2016

Maisy Cat

When I first brought this cat home I had no idea what to name her..she had no name for like a week.. She hid under my bed in the dust I put a small mat under there and she would sleep on that...and emerge  to get food and use her litter...
3 years later...Its all the time we had together. I lost her over the weekend. My heart is so broken.
I came home from Turkey Day in Jersey and it was a great time seeing all the cousins and exhausting bringing Madie with me but I made it thru...
I come home and the cat just runs outside like I had trapped her in a small box all day Thursday.. Well she comes in and out the rest of the day and last time she went out she did not come back..it was about bedtime and I worried but not too  bad she always ends up on my Porch waiting to be let in at the wee  hours of the night.. So I went to bed a little annoyed at her but knew she would be back..
The next morning rolls around and she is not on my porch...and her usual sleeping spot looks as if it has not been slept in... I call her and call her but nothing.. Its Saturday and Madie is at Dads so I get in my car and drive around the area a bit to see... Nothing. I kinda begin to fear the worse.. Remembering when I lost my Magic Kitty years back...
The day kinda wears on and I am just hanging out at home...I go to the grocery store and grab a can of wet cat food. I don't feed her the wet stuff but I figure it would lure her in. I keep calling her thru the day and shaking the treats she bugs me for all the time..
about 3 pm er so my Neighbor messages me and says Go see Jim...(her husband) Then I hear a  knock on my side door and its Jim and another guy it took me a second to recognize but he was the other neighbors Boyfriend... he said he thinks he found Maisy Cat and that she is passed away... I walk out down the driveway and they lead me to the front of the duplex next door...
There lying in the bushes is my Maisy. I began to just shake and I cried and cried.. I put my hand on her and she was so cold. Jim went and got a shovel to scoop her up with and dug a hole near the woods.
My heart is so broken. I have no idea what happened to her it was the SAME as when my other ct died..no harm to her body she was just gone. We all think maybe poison. Who would do such a thing to a cat? MY cat....  Oh how I have cried. This place I live has taken 2 cats in the four years I have lived here.
Plans are to plant a sort of flowering something on top of where Maisy lies.....

I guess that's all for today.  Off to my appointment now and my eyes are so dry from crying I don't know if I have anymore left. Just one day at a time and I cant say it enough right now to keep your cats INSIDE.

Me

No comments: